Claims Centre ltd T/AS General Auto Services (GAS) are committed to providing a high quality of Claims Management Services to all our clients. When something goes wrong we need to know about it. This will help us to improve our standards.
You can complain by one of the following means:
General Auto Services
250 Roamford Road
Telephone: 020 8555 1212
DETAILED COMPLAINTS PROCEDURE INFO
1. Complaints may be made in writing, by e-mail, by telephone or any other form in respect of a claims management service that we have provided and that is regulated under the Compensation Act 2006.
2. We reserve the right to decline to consider a complaint that is made more than six months after you became aware of the cause of the complaint. There may be instances where we will waive this requirement at our discretion. We will confirm to you in writing if a complaint has been made outside the time limit that we are prepared to consider.
3. We will send you a written or electronic acknowledgement of a complaint within five business days of receipt, identifying the person who will be handling the complaint. Wherever possible, that person will not have been directly involved in the matter which is the subject of the complaint, and will have authority to settle the complaint.
4. Within four weeks of receiving a complaint, we will send you either: a) a final response which adequately addresses the complaint; or b) a holding response, which explains why we are not yet in a position to resolve the complaint and indicates when we will make further contact with you.
5. Within eight weeks of receiving a complaint we will send you either: a) a final response which adequately addresses the complaint; or b) a response which: (i) explains why we are still not in a position to make a final response, giving reasons for the further delay and indicating when we expect to be able to provide a final response; and (ii) informs you that you may refer the handling of the complaint to the Claims Management Regulator if you are dissatisfied with the delay.
6. Where we decide that redress is appropriate, we will provide you with fair compensation for any acts or omissions for which we are responsible and will comply with any offer of redress which you accept. Appropriate redress will not always involve financial redress.
7. If you are not satisfied with our response, or if a complaint is not resolved after eight weeks, you may refer the complaint to The Financial Ombudsman Service.
The Financial Ombudsman service
Telephone: 0800 023 4567 (Lines are open 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday, and from 9am to 1pm on Saturdays)
8. The Financial Ombudsman Service:
a) use any information you provide to review your complaint;
b) ask us to apologise, re-do work for free or refund a fee if they find we have not complied with the regulatory rules.
The Financial Conduct Authority cannot:
a) pay compensation or order compensation to be paid to you if you have lost out or have received poor service; or
b) take regulatory action if we have not broken any regulatory rules.
Claims Centre ltd T/AS General Auto Services is regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (Registration number 832461) in respect of regulated claims management activities; its registration is recorded on the website www.register.fca.org.uk or can be obtained by writing to;
The Financial Conduct Authority
Tel: 0800 023 4567
General Auto Services is a trading name of Claims Centre Ltd registered in England Reg No: 05167622
We are regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority in respect of regulated claims management activity (FRN: 832461)